Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rafa's



Christopher Locket took this photo. I like it. As a general rule, I–like many of you–enjoy pictures of myself about as much as I enjoy prostate exams (which is to say, not very much–just to clarify). But I do like this one. Might have something to do with the Elvis portrait. It was taken at Rafa's Lounge, a strange Echo Park establishment with an eclectic melange of aged folk art, confused architecture, and artful steel work... They sell Rosé from a box (Franzia, if I remember correctly), and Carlo Rossi Burgundy from a jug. It's somewhat macabre and, at the same time, charming. Rafa is quiet, unassuming, and as far as I can tell, exceedingly pleased to be hosting live music. Thanks to Chris for the photo (I think this one is kind of low res; maybe I'll hit him up for the full version) and the gig, and thanks to Rafa for the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment